The Mulligan and Adaptive Programs
In golf, a mulligan is a stroke that is replayed from the spot of the previous stroke without penalty, due to an errant shot made on the previous stroke. The result, as the hole is played and scored, is as if the first errant shot had never been made.
At First Tee – Greater Pasadena, our goal is to provide youth who have had a “difficult shot in their life” the opportunity for a redo through the game of golf.
Groups Served by Our Mulligan and Adaptive Programs:
(Information was provided by agency/school’s website)
Optimist Youth Home and Family: 6957 North Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90042 (Attend Brookside G.C.)
- Our classes for Optimist are held once per week for an hour long at Brookside Golf Club. Optimist attends our winter, spring, summer and fall sessions. Clients from Optimist are exposed to the First Tee Nine Core Values and fundamental golf skills from the PLAYer level.
- Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services provides culturally sensitive, comprehensive treatment, specialized education and support services to abused, neglected or at-risk children, youth and their families, to promote stability within families and communities. The Optimist youth that are involved in The Mulligan Program are residents at the Highland Park campus. For additional information regarding Optimist Youth Home and Facility, please click HERE
Pasadena’s Police Athletic League Program: PAL Center, 960 East Walnut Street, Pasadena, CA (Attend Brookside G.C.)
- Our classes for Pasadena PAL are held once per week for an hour long at Brookside Golf Club. Pasadena PAL attends our winter, spring, summer and fall sessions. Youth from Pasadena PAL are exposed to the First Tee Nine Core Values and fundamental golf skills from the PLAYer level.
- PAL is a youth crime prevention program that relies on educational, athletic, and other recreational activities to develop and maintain a bond between police offers and youth of the community. The Pasadena PAL youth that are involved in The Mulligan Program are members from the PAL Center in Pasadena. For more information regarding Pasadena PAL, please click HERE
LeRoy Haynes: 233 West Baseline, La Verne, CA 91750 (Attend Marshall Canyon G.C.)
- Our class for LeRoy are held once per week for an hour long at Marshall Canyon Golf Course. LeRoy Haynes attends our winter, spring, summer and fall sessions. Clients from LeRoy Haynes are exposed to the First Tee Nine Core Values and fundamental golf skills from the PLAYer level.
- Since its founding LeRoy Haynes Center has grown from a small operation serving just a handful of children into one of the largest and most comprehensive non-profit organizations of its kind dedicated to helping children with special needs relating to emotional development, autism, Asperger’s Disorder, learning disabilities, abuse, neglect and abandonment. For more information regarding LeRoy Haynes, please click HERE
Special Olympics Southern California: 1334 South Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90021 (Attend Altadena & Brookside)
- Our Special Olympic Southern California program is offered in the fall for 12 consecutive weeks. Our First Tee coaches go through training provided by Special Olympics and provide the athletes with golf and life skills instruction. Our coaches also play in certain events with their athletes.
- Special Olympics Southern California enriches the lives of 38,860 athletes and their communities in Southern California through sports, education and athlete Health. For more information on Special Olympics Southern California, please click HERE
Villa Esperanza Services: 2116 E. Villa Street, Pasadena, CA 91107 (Held at their location)
- Our Villa Esperanza program is offered in Winter, Spring and Fall sessions. Our coaching staff uses the First Tee Community program for their clients. Classes are held once per week for an hour long.
- Villa Esperanza Services serves intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals in Los Angeles and Ventura counties. For more information regarding Villa Esperanza Services, please click HERE